- Are you great with a camera - even at sea?
- Do you love the Ocean?
- Free in August 2023 and want the trip of a lifetime?
- Join us as complementary media crew FREE!
- It COULD be you - apply before Feb 28th
- You will join either our Croatia trip (1 week), Scottish trip (10days) or our South Atlantic adventure (6 weeks), all starting in August 2023
- You will be welcomed on board and be treated just like a regular 'paying' member of crew - get involved in sailing, join visits ashore - learn from our incredible Skippers - basically, have a fabulous time
- You will also capture the journey in as much detail as possible - snap a sunrise, capture a sail hoist, film a meal being prepared. You will bring the spirit of a Wavysail adventure to life on film and photo
- Each day, you will prepare a digital diary of your best images and short films to send to us (as bandwidth allows!)
- At the end of the trip, you will be able to use everything you captured for your portfolio & personal use - but not sell them to a 3rd party.
- You will also grant Wavysail the rights to freely use the materials. We will credit you for your work.
- You already have training in media or photography.
- You know what it takes to capture 'professional' images and film, especially in challenging environments such as at sea.
- You are energetic and willing to 'get stuck in'.
- You love adventure, travel and exploring the world.
- You will be able to get along with others in the close confines of a yacht.
1) Read the FAQs below and make sure you meet the criteria
2) Collect at least 5 of your own photos which "Capture the spirit of the Ocean"
2) Write us a short paragraph to explain why you should join our trip, which trip (Croatia, Scotland or St Helena) you would like to join. Check out the itinerary on our website for details
3) Outline what (if any) relevant sailing experience you have
Send these to us at "Info@Wavysail.com" before 28th February 2023.
- If you have any questions, just drop us an email !
- We will then shortlist potential candidates and contact them for a short interview and to answer any questions. We will make any offer to join the trip by March 31st.
You must be:
Will I be paid?
Do I need any sailing experience?
What do I need to bring with me?
Is it really FREE?
Do I need to join the full trip?
Yes, we only have 6 places per trip and we are granting one of those places on the basis we get some amazing footage / pictures. You will therefore need to join the full trip
What happens if I need to drop out?
We know things don't always work out and we have a generous cancellation policy - However, if you drop out, in principle we would require you to pay us a portion of the trip fees in line with our standard policy, up to 100% , See our booking policy for details.
In reality, we will treat every case on an individual basis. Talk to us early, be open and transparent and we'll do our best to find a solution.
Do I need Insurance?
We recommend you take out travel insurance and medical insurance suitable for the trip.
We will insure your camera equipment up to a maximum of £1,000